Western Prince William Sound
Winter Storm Warning
Statement as of 4:50 AM AKDT on March 10, 2014
... Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow and blowing snow remains in
effect from 10 am this morning to 10 PM akdt this evening from
Moose Pass north...
* location... heavy snow from Moose Pass north. Blowing snow
through Portage Valley and Turnagain Arm.
* Snow... 16 to 24 inches.
* Visibility... reduced to one half mile or less at times.
* Wind... through Portage Valley and Turnagain Arm... east 40 to 60
mph. Elsewhere... north to east 15 to 25 mph.
* Timing... snow will become heavy at times by late morning and
continue through this evening. The snow intensity will diminish
by tonight. The blowing snow threat will mainly be this
afternoon before the snow becomes wetter and more dense... making
it less likely to blow around.
* Impacts... travel may be difficult. Visibilities may be
severely limited in heavy snowfall and blowing snow.
A winter storm means there is a potential for significant snow
accumulation that may impact travel. People are encouraged to
closely monitor this weather situation. Preparation for this
potentially dangerous weather event should begin now.
Nearby Radar Stations