...Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 10 am Sunday to 4 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for a mixture of snow, sleet and freezing rain. Which is in effect from 10 am Sunday to 4 am EST Monday.
* Hazard types...a wintry mix of precipitation.
* Ice accumulation...up to one tenth of an inch.
* Snow accumulations...up to 1 inch.
* Timing...a wintry mix of precipitation should overspread the region Sunday afternoon. The precipitation should transition more to freezing rain late Sunday afternoon and evening before probably changing to plain rain Sunday night.
* Impacts...expect all untreated surfaces to become slippery and hazardous. Expect travel delays.
* Temperatures...rising from the upper 20s to the lower 30s.
Precautionary/preparedness actions... a Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of freezing rain...snow or sleet will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving. Please give yourself plenty of distance between yourself and all vehicles around you. Also give yourself extra time to reach your destination.