Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 9:23 PM EDT on March 11, 2014
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 3 PM EDT
* light rain will change over to snow toward midnight. The snow
will continue into the Wednesday morning commute before
tapering off Wednesday morning.
* Blowing and drifting snow will become possible toward daybreak
with north winds of 15 to 25 mph and some higher gusts.
* Storm total snowfall will likely range from 1 to 5 inches.
Highest totals will be near a line from Kalamazoo to
Lansing... tapering off to an inch northwest of a Holland to Alma
* the Wednesday morning commute... especially along Interstate
96 could be moderately impacted.
* Temperatures will below freezing late tonight and continue to
fall through the day on Wednesday allowing for icy
* Reduced visibilities with falling snow and some blowing and
drifting snow could add to the hazardous travel conditions.
* the Michigan Department of Transportation reminds motorists
to adjust speeds based on the conditions... and to take it
slow in ice and snow.
* Weather preparedness information is available on line at
www.Ready.Gov/winter and http://go.USA.Gov/5og.
Nearby Radar Stations