Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 4:19 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 PM this evening to
midnight EST Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in Detroit/Pontiac has issued a
Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow... which is in
effect from 9 PM this evening to midnight EST Saturday night.
* snowfall will increase in coverage and intensity tonight
and continue into Saturday evening.
* East winds will increase to around 20 mph late tonight and
continue on Saturday... causing wind chills to fall into the
single digits above zero.
* 3 to 5 inches of snow is expected by Saturday evening.
* travel inconveniences will be likely as roads will be snow
covered and slippery.
* Visibilities will be reduced to near zero at times.
* The blowing and drifting snow will impact snow plowing efforts
on north-south roads in open areas.
* a Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and
blowing snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed.
Nearby Radar Stations