Statement as of 9:20 AM EST on December 11, 2013
... Cautious travel is advised for snow-covered roadways and
reduced visibilities through mid afternoon...
* moderate snow will persist for the rest of the morning through
mid afternoon with brief heavy snow showers as an Arctic front
moves through the region.
* Snow accumulations of up to 1 inch are expected in areas
impacted between 10 am and 3 PM.
* Southwest winds around 5 mph with gusts to 15 mph... becoming
northwest to 20 mph.
* Air temperatures will range between 17 and 21 degrees before
falling after the frontal passage.
* accumulating snow may lead to slippery conditions on untreated
roads particularly on bridges... exit ramps... and overpasses.
* Moderate snow will cause reductions of visibility to less
than one mile. There may be rapid fluctuations of visibility.
* the combination of moderate snow and cold temperatures will
result in localized slippery conditions and variable traffic
rates throughout the area. Motorists are urged to use caution
and account for the variable driving conditions by allowing
* Prepare... plan... and stay informed.
- Armada Township
- Bruce Township
- Center Line
- Clinton Township
- East Detroit
- Harrison Township
- Lenox Township
- Macomb Township
- Mount Clemens
- New Baltimore
- New Haven
- Ray Township
- Saint Clair Shores
- Selfridge Angb
- Shelby Township
- Sterling Heights
- Washington Township