...Winter Storm Watch in effect from Thursday afternoon through Friday morning...
The National Weather Service in Duluth has issued a Winter Storm Watch for heavy snow...which is in effect from Thursday afternoon through Friday morning.
* Location...northeastern Minnesota...including Two Harbors... Isabella...Silver Bay...Lutsen...Grand Marais...Grand Portage and the gunflint trail.
* Timing...noon Thursday through noon Friday.
* Snow...more than 6 inches of snow will be possible in the watch area.
* Winds/visibility...east winds will gust to more than 20 mph.
* Impacts...driving conditions are expected to deteriorate Thursday afternoon and Thursday night across the Minnesota arrowhead. The snow will initially melt...especially on roadways. However...as the day wears on there will be a slippery and wet accumulation of snow. As the snow turns over to mainly all snow...it will accumulate at an increased pace later Thursday and Thursday night. Some freezing rain may also fall for a period of time.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.