...Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am Saturday to noon CST Sunday...
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and freezing rain remains in effect from 9 am Saturday to noon CST Sunday.
* Timing and areas affected...the Winter Weather Advisory is in effect along and north of a Branson to Eminence line from late Saturday morning into Sunday morning.
Snow will overspread the region from west to east on Saturday. The snow will then change to a wintry mix of light freezing rain and snow from south to north across the region Saturday night into Sunday morning. Mainly rain is then expected Sunday afternoon as temperatures warm above freezing.
* Snow accumulations...amounts ranging from 1 to 3 inches can be expected along and south of the Interstate 44 corridor with the lightest totals across south central Missouri. 3 to 5 inches of snow can be expected to the north of the Interstate 44 corridor.
* Ice accumulations...a thin glaze of ice with amounts generally less than five hundredths of an inch expected.
* Visibility...moderate snow will reduce visibility to less than a mile at times.
* Impacts...the combination of falling and accumulating snow as well as a thin glaze of ice will make travel conditions difficult.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow and freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities...and use caution while driving.