...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until noon EST Tuesday...
* accumulations...snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 6 inches along with ice accumulations of two-tenths of an inch or less.
* Locations...along and east of the Blue Ridge mountains.
* Hazard types...snow...sleet and freezing rain.
* Timing...snow developing tonight continuing into Monday before changing to sleet and freezing rain Monday afternoon and Monday night.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to snow and ice covered roads.
* Temperatures...single digits and teens this morning into the 20s by afternoon...teens into the 20s Monday...rising into the lower 30s by Tuesday morning.
A Winter Storm Warning for snow...sleet...and ice means that significant accumulations of winter precipitation are expected. Travel will become dangerous to perhaps impossible in some areas. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... water...and a blanket in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
The public is encouraged to report snowfall amounts...ice accumulation or wind damage to the National Weather Service via email at rnk.Skywarn@noaa.Gov or at phone number 1...8 6 6... 2 1 5...4 3 2 4.For additional weather information...visit US on the web at http://www.Erh.NOAA.Gov or at http://weather.Gov.
Reports can also be submitted to our facebook or twitter pages.