...Wind Advisory now in effect until noon EDT today...
* locations...northeast Georgia...upstate South Carolina...and western North Carolina.
* Hazards...gusty northeast winds will combine with saturated soils to toppled some trees and a few power lines.
* Timing...gusty winds will continue across the area this morning...before very slowly around mid day.
* Winds...northeast 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
* Impacts...saturated soils from recent rainfall may weaken root systems and allow wind gusts to knock down trees. The falling trees may result in power outages...block roadways...and pose a hazard to life and property.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution. Keep an eye on nearby trees when heavy showers move through...especially those east or northeast of your home.