...Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST Thursday...
* locations...Maryland's Eastern Shore through the northern two thirds of Delaware as well as the Philadelphia Metro area and across the southeast one half of New Jersey.
* Hazard types...a period of sleet then long duration snow.
* Snow accumulations...4 to 8 inches.
* Timing...rain will change to a wintry mix of sleet and snow well after midnight before changing over to all snow by daybreak Thursday. Snow will continue through most of the daylight hours, possibly heavy at times.
* Temperatures...falling to near 32 at daybreak Thursday then falling through the 20s during the daylight hours.
* Wind...becoming north and gusting to 20 mph during the day Thursday.
* Visibility...may lower briefly to one quarter mile during late Thursday morning or early Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts...widespread and substantial impacts on travel are expected beginning early tomorrow morning and especially impacting the morning commute.
This Winter Storm Warning means that significant amounts of snow are expected. The snow will make travel very hazardous or impossible.