...Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Sunday evening through Monday afternoon...
* locations...the New York City and New Jersey metropolitan areas...Long Island...and southeastern coastal Connecticut.
* Hazard types...snow...sleet...freezing rain and rain.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches...with a tenth to a quarter inch of ice across northern portions of the New York City and New Jersey metropolitan areas and northwestern Long Island. Snow accumulation of 3 to 6 inches and a few hundredths of an inch of ice across southern portions of the New York City and New Jersey metropolitan areas and southeastern portions of Long Island and coastal Connecticut.
* Winds...northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph.
* Temperatures...in the upper 20s to lower 30s.
* Visibilities...one quarter mile or less at times.
* Timing...late Sunday night through Monday.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to reduced visibilities and significant snow...sleet and ice accumulations.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow...sleet...or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.