...Fire Weather Watch in effect from Saturday afternoon through Saturday evening for the tri-state area...
The National Weather Service in Upton has issued a Fire Weather Watch for the tri-state area...which is in effect from Saturday afternoon through Saturday evening.
* Affected area...northeast NJ...NYC Metro...Long Island...southern CT and lower Hudson Valley.
* Winds...sustained winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts 25 to 35 mph.
* Relative humidity...20 to 30 percent.
* Timing...12 PM to 8 PM Saturday.
* Impacts...rapid fire spread if ignition occurs. A wind shift is expected Saturday evening that may create additional hazards for any ongoing fires.
A Fire Weather Watch means that critical fire weather conditions are forecast to occur. Listen for further updates regarding this potential.