...Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 am EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow...which is in effect until 7 am EST Monday. The Winter Weather Advisory is no longer in effect.
* Locations...much of southeast Connecticut...and central and eastern Long Island.
* Hazard types...snow...briefly mixing with or changing to freezing rain across Long Island this evening.
* Accumulations...snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches. Ice accumulation of a glaze to a tenth of an inch of ice in Suffolk County.
* Visibilities...one quarter to one half mile at times.
* Temperatures...upper 20s.
* Timing...snow will be moderate to locally heavy at times into this evening.
* Impacts...hazardous travel due to snow covered surfaces.
* Winds...west 5 to 10 mph.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel...keep an extra flashlight...food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.