Winter Storm Watch
Statement as of 3:33 AM EST on December 13, 2013
... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday morning through
late Saturday night...
The National Weather Service in Mount Holly has issued a Winter
Storm Watch, which is in effect from Saturday morning through late
* Hazard types... snow, possibly mixed with some sleet or freezing rain.
* Snow accumulations... 5 to 9 inches possible.
* Ice accumulations... less than 0.05 inches possible.
* Timing... snow is anticipated to overspread the area during
Saturday morning and continue through much of Saturday night,
then taper off early Sunday morning.
* Impacts... hazardous travel on snow covered and slippery roads.
Bridges and overpasses tend to ice up first.
* Temperatures... in the 20s Saturday, then slowly rising to near
30 degrees Saturday night for most areas.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow, sleet, or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue
to monitor the latest forecasts.
Nearby Radar Stations
- Lincoln Park
- Lyon Station
- Monocacy Station
- Mount Aetna
- Mount Penn
- Muhlenberg Park
- Muhlenberg Township
- New Berlinville
- New Smithville
- Pine Forge
- Reading Station
- River View Park
- Ruscombmanor Township
- Saint Lawrence
- Sinking Spring
- South Heidelberg
- South Heidelberg Township
- Spring Valley
- Stony Creek Mills
- Stony Run
- West Lawn
- West Reading
- Wyomissing Hills
- Yellow House