...Freezing Rain Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to noon EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg has issued a Freezing Rain Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to noon EST Sunday.
* Locations...the central and southern mountains...and southern foothills and Piedmont of North Carolina...the mountains of northeast Georgia and upstate South Carolina...and the upstate along and east of Greenville and Laurens counties.
* Hazards...freezing rain.
* Timing...freezing rain will begin around midnight and continue into Sunday morning. Precipitation will change to rain from north to south by noon.
* Accumulations...ice accumulation will range from a trace up to a tenth of an inch.
* Impacts...hazardous travel conditions. Isolated power outages due to downed trees or power lines.
* Temperatures...falling into the upper 20s to around freezing. Warming to the mid 30 to lower 40s by noon.
* Winds...northeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
A Freezing Rain Advisory means that periods of freezing rain or freezing drizzle will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can be found at www.Weather.Gov/gsp.