Winter Weather Advisory
Statement as of 6:18 AM EST on December 10, 2013
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 4 PM EST this
* locations... southeast West Virginia... parts of the mountain
Empire and southern alleghanys regions of southwest Virginia.
* Hazard types... sleet or freezing rain changing to snow.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 4 inches...
along with isolated trace amounts of ice.
* Timing... precipitation will gradually transition to snow after
sunrise and continue through the morning.
* Impacts... roads and sidewalks may become snow covered and
* Winds... northwest 5 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... in the lower and mid 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or
freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for
slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while
Local Storm Report
12/09/2013 0330 am
3 miles SW of Long Spur, Bland County.
Freezing rain m0.20 inch, reported by trained spotter.
0.2 inches of ice at 330 am
12/09/2013 0200 am
Bastian, Bland County.
Freezing rain m0.25 inch, reported by trained spotter.
Nearby Radar Stations