...Wind Advisory in effect from 3 am to 9 PM EST Friday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from 3 am to 9 PM EST Friday.
* Locations... southwest Virginia...generally along and west of the crest of the Blue Ridge.
* Hazards...very gusty winds.
* Winds...northwest 20 to 30 mph with gusts approaching 50 mph.
* Timing...late tonight through Friday evening.
* Impacts...trees...branches or power lines may be blown down. Winds will make driving challenging...especially for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph...or wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph...are expected. Winds this strong will likely cause sporadic power outages and can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Unfastened items such as garbage cans and lawn furniture should be moved indoors.