...Wind Advisory in effect from midnight tonight to midnight EST Monday night...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Wind Advisory...which is in effect from midnight tonight to midnight EST Monday night.
* Locations...along the Blue Ridge from the Alleghany Highlands and southern Shenandoah Valley into the mountains of northwest North Carolina. This includes the New River and Roanoke valleys...and Fancy Gap.
* Hazards...strong gusty winds.
* Winds...northwest 20 to 35 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Timing...starting late tonight and continue into Monday evening. The strongest winds are expected to occur Monday afternoon.
* Impacts...downed tree limbs are possible...as are isolated power outages. Travel may be difficult for high profile vehicles.
A Wind Advisory means sustained winds of 31 to 39 mph...or wind gusts of 46 to 57 mph...are expected. Winds this strong will likely cause sporadic power outages and can make driving difficult...especially for high profile vehicles. Unfastened items such as garbage cans and lawn furniture should be moved indoors.