Weather Radar

Houston-Galveston Radar
NEXRAD Station HGX
Save Image
Share

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
E1 57 dBZ 26,000 ft. 35 kg/m² 20% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 23 knots SW (222)
P2 57 dBZ 23,000 ft. 34 kg/m² 10% chance 70% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
A1 56 dBZ 28,000 ft. 44 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 27 knots WSW (241)
I2 55 dBZ 20,000 ft. 31 kg/m² 20% chance 80% chance 0.50 in. 14 knots S (179)
F0 55 dBZ 34,000 ft. 28 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 10 knots WSW (249)
Q2 55 dBZ 16,000 ft. 19 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
S1 54 dBZ 21,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots WSW (243)
J2 53 dBZ 22,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 16 knots SSW (211)
R2 51 dBZ 34,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 30% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. New Cell
W0 51 dBZ 21,000 ft. 14 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 6 knots SSW (202)
J1 51 dBZ 20,000 ft. 11 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 25 knots SW (221)
Z1 50 dBZ 39,000 ft. 26 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 12 knots SW (227)
Q1 49 dBZ 28,000 ft. 16 kg/m² 0% chance 40% chance <0.50 in. 23 knots SW (222)
N2 48 dBZ 20,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots SW (217)
T1 46 dBZ 29,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 10% chance <0.50 in. 27 knots WSW (242)
O2 43 dBZ 21,000 ft. 5 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 14 knots SSW (196)
M0 43 dBZ 7,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 21 knots WSW (251)
K1 41 dBZ 7,000 ft. 2 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 17 knots SW (234)
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail