Weather Radar Maps

Chicago Radar
NEXRAD Station LOT
Save Image

Zoom:
update in: sec

Animate

Frame Delay

  • NEXRAD
  • Current
  • Station Down
  • Tornado Warning
  • Tornado Watch
  • Severe Thunderstorm Warning
  • Severe Thunderstorm Watch
  • Winter Weather Statement
  • High Wind Advisory
  • Flood Warning
  • Flood Watch / Flood Statement
  • Hurricane Local Statement
  • Heat Advisory
  • Dense Fog Advisory
  • Fire Weather Advisory
  • Hurricane Watch
  • Hurricane Warning
  • Tropical Storm Watch
  • Tropical Storm Warning
  • Special Weather Statement

Doppler Radar Detected Storms

ID Max Top VIL Severe Hail Hail Max Hail Size Speed Direction (from)
V0 63 dBZ 31,000 ft. 48 kg/m² 50% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 2 knots SW (227)
D1 62 dBZ 12,000 ft. 23 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots S (173)
U1 60 dBZ 39,000 ft. 54 kg/m² 50% chance 100% chance 1.25 in. 14 knots NE (54)
M0 59 dBZ 28,000 ft. 41 kg/m² 30% chance 90% chance 0.75 in. 14 knots NE (38)
B1 59 dBZ 20,000 ft. 30 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 8 knots ENE (67)
M1 59 dBZ 22,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance <0.50 in. 29 knots NNE (23)
S0 59 dBZ 20,000 ft. 21 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 2 knots S (172)
P0 58 dBZ 35,000 ft. 52 kg/m² 40% chance 100% chance 1.00 in. 10 knots NE (34)
T0 57 dBZ 24,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 30% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots NNW (345)
F8 56 dBZ 13,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 8 knots WSW (257)
Q0 55 dBZ 30,000 ft. 40 kg/m² 20% chance 100% chance 0.75 in. 0 knots NNE (13)
G1 55 dBZ 14,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 20% chance <0.50 in. 4 knots E (91)
I0 54 dBZ 22,000 ft. 27 kg/m² 0% chance 60% chance 0.50 in. 14 knots N (359)
E1 53 dBZ 30,000 ft. 26 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 2 knots NE (54)
A1 53 dBZ 13,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 2 knots SSW (206)
H0 52 dBZ 21,000 ft. 20 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 10 knots NW (323)
X7 52 dBZ 16,000 ft. 9 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots SW (235)
D2 51 dBZ 26,000 ft. 24 kg/m² 0% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
X1 51 dBZ 20,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
I9 51 dBZ 19,000 ft. 15 kg/m² 0% chance 80% chance <0.50 in. 8 knots SE (138)
Z8 51 dBZ 33,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. 4 knots NE (37)
W1 51 dBZ 31,000 ft. 24 kg/m² NA% chance NA% chance NA in. New Cell
X9 50 dBZ 33,000 ft. 10 kg/m² 10% chance 90% chance 0.50 in. 17 knots W (263)
O1 48 dBZ 29,000 ft. 18 kg/m² 0% chance 100% chance 0.50 in. New Cell
U9 48 dBZ 10,000 ft. 7 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 6 knots NNE (16)
U0 47 dBZ 7,000 ft. 4 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. 4 knots W (271)
V1 45 dBZ 26,000 ft. 12 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
E2 39 dBZ 14,000 ft. 1 kg/m² 0% chance 0% chance 0.00 in. New Cell
  • Tornado Vortex Signature
  • Mesocyclone
  • Hail